ZERO HIV. PERIOD.
November 29th, 2011 | Comments (0)
What will you do for World AIDS day? We’re supporting the UN’s Getting to Zero campaign—we’re fighting for zero new HIV infections, period. Join us by donating a Huru Kit to one girl today, and visit us on Facebook or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to tell us your ideas for how Huru can distribute more kits and “Get to Zero” by 2015.
Here are the UN’s Ten Goals for 2015:
- Sexual transmission of HIV reduced by half, including among young people, men who have sex with men and transmission in the context of sex work;
- Vertical transmission of HIV eliminated and AIDS-related maternal deaths reduced by half;
- All new HIV infections prevented among people who use drugs;
- Universal access to antiretroviral therapy for people living with HIV who are eligible for treatment;
- TB deaths among people living with HIV reduced by half;
- All people living with HIV and households affected by HIV are addressed in all national social protection strategies and have access to essential care and support;
- Countries with punitive laws and practices around HIV transmission, sex work, drug use or homosexuality that block effective responses reduced by half;
- HIV-related restrictions on entry, stay and residence eliminated in half of the countries that have such restrictions;
- HIV-specific needs of women and girls are addressed in at least half of all national HIV responses;
- Zero tolerance for gender-based violence.
Leave a Reply